 Marketplace / Buy/Sell/Trade / 12911
12910  |  12912
Subject:
The Answer (Re: 4051 Nesquik Bunny)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, lugnet.promo, lugnet.loc.de
Date:
Thu, 22 Nov 2001 09:31:03 GMT
Highlighted:
! (details)

In lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, Matthew Gerber writes:

I'll be writing to Nestlé Germany over the weekend asking for more than enough sets to cover everyone who has asked.

I'll post more when I know more.

Well, I now know more...

Following is an e-mail I just received from Nestlé Germany:

Dear Mr. Gerber,

With great pleasure we noticed your high interest in our Lego Nesquik bunny,
called Quicky.

This little special toy is part of an European Nesquik promotion. The Lego
Quicky was specially designed for this project and is exclusively used by
Nestlé.

Unfortunately it is not possible for us to sell you the Lego Quicky. We are
mainly a food producer and seller, but not a toy seller. The Lego Quicky can
only be bought in Germany with Nesquik powder. Additionally the Lego Quicky
was produced only in a limited amount, and we do not have a lot left.

Best regards,

Nestlé Verbraucher-Service

I also received a call from Nestlé USA (to whom I had copied the letter I
sent to Germany) late last week. They are unable to help us get our mits on
the bunnies either. However, at least they are aware of our interest in
seeing the promotion in the US, as is LEGO Consumer Affairs (who I had
previously spoken to, and sent a copy of the letter to as well). The LEGO
rep informed me that Nestlé is on their list of possible promotion partners
for 2002, so with luck, we'll see the bunnies on our shores soon anyway.

I get the feeling that 2002 will be the year of the Nesquik Bunny for US
LEGO fans! Here's hoping...

Matt