 Marketplace / Buy/Sell/Trade / 12661
Re: 4051 Nesquik Bunny List
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, lugnet.promo, lugnet.loc.de
Date:
Fri, 26 Oct 2001 04:06:49 GMT

In lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, Jimmy Park writes:
At this point, could we stop trying to tally up how many people want?  This
only serves to clog up mailboxes with basically "me too" posts.

<snip>

Sorry Jimmy...on the web, the list doesn't bug at all.

I really need a count, as I'm only asking for what folks want...I'm not
independantly wealthy enough to try to buy cases and cases of these things
and sell them myself. But you are right, we do need a cut off. Besides, I'm
tired of cleaning up the list since folks aren't putting themselves in line
and updting the total like I requested.

So let's put a stop the the list now, with a nice round quantity of 500 sets.

Tomorrow, I'll compose a missive to Nestlé Germany, copies to Nestlé USA and
The LEGO Comapany. I'll request availability and possibe price on 500 sets.

The way I see it, we'll likely:
1) get a positive reply from Nestlé, at which point we can figure out a per
unit price, gather funds, and distribute the sets.
2) get a negative reply from Nestlé, and we can all start bidding on eBay
(where I've not seen a single set for sale yet).
3) get a negative response from Nestlé, but at least LEGO and Nestlé will
see that there is real interest for the set, perhaps helping ensure a US promo.

So that's all for now...NO MORE REQUESTS! I will not be updating the list
again. We'll talk more once I know more. (Good enough Jimmy?)

But if you happen to find one on eBay, you better use buy it now, 'cause I
need these things for a current project...

Matt