 Local / United Kingdom / 1958
Re: Technic Shuttle for £4!!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.uk
Date:
Mon, 29 Nov 1999 22:34:31 GMT

In lugnet.loc.uk, Larry Pieniazek writes:
Richard Franks wrote:

Gosh! Am I the only one with a conscience in this NG? :) They are a decent
company who have given us good deals in the past - we shouldn't screw them • over
too much for making a simple mistake.

I just sent them a note (which I bcc'ed you on) asking them if it's for
real.

I don't know about everyone else but if these prices are real, great.
That was their decision. But if they are not, because someone hacked the
site, I certainly won't hold them to their prices.

Sometomes companies decide they really really need the room. No need to
feel guilty about helping them out in a big sweep (I'd say 130 items is
a lot of help, only too happy to do my part to help here...).

On the other hand, it does seem unlikely that so many mistakes have been • made
at the same time. Maybe some hackers have created a honey-trap, and are now
buying mega-hi-fi systems and truck-loads of Coke (or whatever else hackers
spend their money on), with our credit details..

Hmm.. maybe, but they would have to be pretty well set up and these
items aren't popular enough to get THAT many different CC numbers.

I'll be watching my statement for unauth charges... one good thing about
the US is that you have a fair bit of protection against loss (which
drives up interest rates, of course, since it increases bank costs)

I just placed an order and within minutes, my card had been blocked by
Mastercard for fraudulent activity suspicion.  I did notice that there is no
secure server icon in my IE bar at the bottom of the window, so I am a little
worried.

Mike Poindexter

Dr. Scott said:
Mrs Arthur : "If that stuff actually arrives, I'm going to be seriously
annoyed"

Don't anyone tell Josette, or I'll be sleeping in the garage (or the
lego will, and IT has to stay protected against cold)...