 Local / European Union / 153
Re: Croydon Lego convention
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.loc.eu
Date:
Mon, 15 Jul 2002 19:58:00 GMT

In lugnet.loc.uk, Manfred Moolhuysen writes:
With more and more LUG's beginning to master the art of event organization,
it's becoming clear we are in need for a European events calender page. Does
anyone have a good suggestion for what is the best place and method to
implement such a calender?

My suggestion for the calendar's placement would go to .loc.eu, with a link
in all european .loc groups (purely because .eu has little movement of its own)
As for the method, what about a "fill-in form", located in .eu, where
whomever wishing to organize an event might post:
- name of the organizing party (person/LUG), and contact
- date
- location
- main focus ("trains", for instance)
- other relevant info for attendees: hotels, road access tips,...
The said post would "pop" in all european .loc pages, and would
automatically be added to the calendar; conflicting dates might then be
discussed in .eu .

Just my €0.02 (which are worth *more* than $0.02 today, for a change :-)

Pedro