 Local / United Kingdom / 8374
8373  |  8375
Subject:
LEGOWORLD 2002 (Was: Croydon Lego convention)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.loc.eu
Date:
Tue, 16 Jul 2002 21:20:34 GMT

In lugnet.loc.uk, Craig Stevens writes:

Since you are unable to attend on the 12th October in Croydon, how about if
I travel over for Legoworld? I don't drive, so I'd be unable to bring along
any of my large models, but I'm sure I'll be able to fit a few things in a
rucksack. Please let me know if I would have to reserve a table. Is anyone
else from the U.K making the journey?

I'm not an official speaker for the event, because for this edition I'm not
a member of the organising committee (I was organiser of the train layout in
2001) But I can pass a few things that has been published (in Dutch)
already. Just like last year LEGOWORLD 2002 will be a co-operation between:
"LEGO Shows & Events Benelux", the Dutch cildren-TV channel "FOX KIDS", the
location provider "IJsselhallen-Zwolle" and last but not least our local LUG
"De Bouwsteen".

It's a very large event with lots of highlights and showpieces from the LEGO
Company itself, preformances from FOX KIDS, and a massive presentation made
by our LUG and our foreigh visiors. "De Bouwsteen" has a large hall (ca.
1600 m2) assigned to fill all by it's own. Among other things, there will be
a (fence protected) floor based city and train layout (we hope it's simply
too large to put on tables) but ofcourse there are also groups of tables to
show off the more delicate or "need eye-level" MOC's.

The event will be open for the public from October 18th to October 22th.
October 17th is a build up day (for the more complex attractions). It's
necessary to register, not only for a table or to plan you in with the
layout, but also because regular public has to pay admission, so we need to
issue participant passes. There is also group accomondation for the nights.

The event location can be reached by car and train equally well, it's
situated near a highway exit and is on walking distance from the
trainstation "Zwolle"
An English version of our national rail journey planner can be found here:
http://www.ns.nl/domestic/index.cgi
For instance, try to enter: From  London  To  Zwolle.  (This works,
including the ferry!)

To my regret, the event has not been properly announced internationally yet,
but I've heared that an official posting on ".events" and several ".loc"
groups is in the making. One of the organising committee mebers told me this
will probably be posted on or just after next weekend. I expect that this
post will also contain registration information.

For an impression, here are some galleries of LEGOWORLD 2001:

(Many thanks to Reinhard Ben Beneke ,Saskia van Doesburg, Carlo Ottolina and
Giulio Ferrari for sharing these picures)

With friendly greetings, M. Moolhuysen.