 Local / United Kingdom / 8495
Re: Croydon Lego convention
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.uk
Date:
Fri, 30 Aug 2002 11:42:52 GMT

For Piece by Piece on the 12th OCTOBER, there will be two hours to set up
the hall before the public arrive at 11.00. My friend on the door will stop
the flow of people if the hall starts to look crowded. Doors will close at
3.30, allowing two hours for last minute AFOL business and to pack
everything up. I have plenty of help already in preparing the hall, which
will leave attendees free to set up any things they have brought with them
and to get on with thier trading, purchasing, etc.

I'll be measuring up the hall some time next week (The person at the church
I'm dealing with doesn't know the exact size!) and begin to plan out where
each display will go. I'll try to make a plan or some photos available on my
website. Between us, I'm sure that we could be able to put out some great
stuff on show.

Craig Stevens.

In lugnet.loc.uk, Simon Bennett writes:
In lugnet.loc.uk, Craig Stevens writes:
August 12th is coming up fast.

In fact it's gone!!  Good job you mean October :)

I'm working flat out to complete several
fairly ambitious models finished in time. One aspect of the displays on show
will be a large spacecraft hanger for any sci-fi models which are brought
along. I'm also planning a medieval zone, a Lego Racers display and
depending on what people bring along with them, a nice train/town layout.
There are a large number of tables available, so everything can be kept off
of the floor.

How long do we have to set up Craig? I take it you'll want help with that.
I reckon it would be good if we could get an idea of what we want to do
beforehand so we can be ready for the public as quickly as possible. Is
there a chance we could get a plan or some photos of the hall?

I'm planning to make some buildings to go on a train layout.  Is anyone else
planning to build anything specifically for Piece by Piece?  If there's a
way to co-ordinate our building we could do a really knockout layout.