 Local / Canada / *3642 (-100)
  Re: More Important Hobby Show info

If they want us to have skirting they can give it to us. Or we'll just do our best with the blue skirting. Derek (...) (19 years ago, 20-Oct-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.loc.ca.on)

  More Important Hobby Show info

We have a 30x30 display area and my table getting guy can get his hands on 10ish tables. Each table is 8 feet long So we may be a little short on the perimeter--1 or 2 extra tables would be nice. If not, then more room for the people to walk around (...) (19 years ago, 20-Oct-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.loc.ca.on)

  Important Hobby Show info

I just received all the paperwork for the hobby show. First, to get the 'special rate' for electricity, the forms must be signed and sent in by Oct 20th. K, I'll handle that. Secondly, the passes must be picked up on Thursday between 8 a.m. and 10 (...) (19 years ago, 19-Oct-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.loc.ca.on)

  Re: The Hobby Show.

(...) I am - but it'll be mostly (studless) Technic stuff from me, as my Orion 7 bus is still in progress. Keith (19 years ago, 16-Oct-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.loc.ca.on)

  The Hobby Show.

Hi Guys, Just wondering who is comming to the hobby show and if any one is planing on bringing any moonbase items or ships? Jeff VW (19 years ago, 15-Oct-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.loc.ca.on)

  Re: ParLUGment layout at Railfair 2005 model railway show

H'lo again, all (...) One week to go, and various members are building furiously... :) A reminder, then, to the wider audience out there, and a hope we'll see some of you at the show. Regards, Norbert Black (19 years ago, 8-Oct-05, to lugnet.loc.ca, lugnet.org.ca.parlugment, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Zellers toy blowout

At Sears, until Oct 16th, All Lego (except StarWars) : 25% From 3.99-69.99 down to 2.99-52.49 (...) (19 years ago, 6-Oct-05, to lugnet.loc.ca)

  Re: Zellers toy blowout

Cool, thanks for the heads up ! Cheers Oliver Play Well! "Gail Meagher" <685721@ican.net> wrote in message news:4343FEE0.9093CC...can.net... (...) (19 years ago, 6-Oct-05, to lugnet.loc.ca)

  Lego Master Builders a Science North this weekend

I noticed this: (URL) "Don’t miss LEGO® Master Model Builders (there are less than 50 in the whole world) who will officially open the exhibition on October 8 and 9 by building a GIANT LEGO® robot right before your eyes!" -Rob A> (19 years ago, 6-Oct-05, to lugnet.mediawatch, lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.loc.ca.on, lugnet.loc.ca.on.sud)

  Zellers toy blowout

In this weeks Zellers flyer: "Toy Blowout! 60% off selected toys! Don't miss out! Get top brand name toys while they last! Huge selection of discounted and clearance toys. Something for all ages. Get it early for Christmas and save big! Personal (...) (19 years ago, 5-Oct-05, to lugnet.loc.ca)

  Re: Hobby Show--huh??

(...) Agreed! Derek (19 years ago, 30-Sep-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.loc.ca.on)

  Re: Hobby Show--huh??

(...) To the best of my knowledge no group has ever been paid to attend The Hobby Show specifically. I can't speak to other shows, but for this one I'm pretty sure there has only ever been two basic types of booths: 1) Club booths - like us, or the (...) (19 years ago, 30-Sep-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.loc.ca.on)

  NELUG on PBS Boston (Wed 29th)

For those of you who get Boston Affiliates with your cable TV package, the show Greater Boston has a 10 minute thing on NELUG (New England) this evening. I caught it at 8 and it wasn't so bad. Cringed at the repeated use of "LEGOs". Otherwise good. (...) (19 years ago, 29-Sep-05, to lugnet.loc.ca.ns)

  Re: Hobby Show--huh??

(...) hehe. I know exactly what I'm going to do with my capacitor when I get home tonight... One manually-power GBCm, coming right up! (19 years ago, 29-Sep-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.loc.ca.on)

  Re: Hobby Show--huh??

(...) Jeff E had a lovely little Marry Go Round that was powered of a crank connected to a gear motor. You could get it going around pretty good too, as I recall. I can't seem to find any pictures of it. I thought he built it for Train2. Derek (19 years ago, 29-Sep-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.loc.ca.on)

  Re: Hobby Show--huh??

(...) Depends - the module that got the most run-time at BrickFest was likely my Cascade one (as it can run stand-alone and for an hour or more at a time with no supervision... better than my children, actually). I only swapped batteries on it (...) (19 years ago, 29-Sep-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.loc.ca.on)

  Hobby Show... Moonbase Moonbase Moonbase... was - Re: Hobby Show--huh??

(...) Why thank you for that intro Dave. I am in fact taking the lead on organizing the moonbase layout at the hobby show. So if you have ever wanted to build a moonbase, anything spacey, or a space monorail, Bring it with you to the Hobby Show! For (...) (19 years ago, 29-Sep-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.loc.ca.on)

  Re: Hobby Show--huh??

(...) Like Calum said before, I don't think we should have to PAY to be there (don't some groups get PAID to be at shows?). But electricity is nice in our modern times, and it's a good time, so you can count me in for another $10. -Greg (19 years ago, 29-Sep-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.loc.ca.on)

  Re: Hobby Show--huh??

(...) I would be ok with pitching in like 10 bucks... (i am assuming that there are at least 10 of us there) I think power will be a necissity baised on past experiences... (The gutter train ran 1 motor for about 6 hours on 1 9 volt battery, and (...) (19 years ago, 29-Sep-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.loc.ca.on)

  Re: Hobby Show--huh??

In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, Derek Raycraft wrote: <snip> (...) Well, if we're running a GBC all day, that'll be hard on batteries, even with rechargables. What else--anyone bringing MOCs that require power? If we aren't worried about it, then it's (...) (19 years ago, 29-Sep-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.loc.ca.on)

  Re: Hobby Show--huh??

(...) I agree. Power is really nice to have, but not at any price. My feeling is that's too high for our needs. I was thinking, if it was half that, then ya maybe it's worth chipping in for it. (...) Agreed again. What ever you decide, I'll chip in (...) (19 years ago, 29-Sep-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.loc.ca.on)

  Re: Hobby Show--huh??

(...) Can I ask a dumb question? Do we NEED electricity as we don't have a train layout? We could all run off battery. BTW, thanks for leading this and taking the call to go. Calum (19 years ago, 29-Sep-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.loc.ca.on)

  Re: Hobby Show--huh??

I had a nice chat with Christine from the Hobby Show. She informed me that they've been losing money over the last few years and need to defer the costs if people want the hobby show to continue. As many of you remember, I had some conversations (...) (19 years ago, 29-Sep-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.loc.ca.on)

  Queens University (Kingston) to try breaking bridge record

I found this (FRIDAY, SEPTEMBER 16, 2005) and haven't seen it posted. (URL) "The team is working to accumulate enough Lego blocks to build a bridge spanning up to six metres—surpassing efforts of a previous team who built a three-metre bridge." (...) (19 years ago, 20-Sep-05, to lugnet.mediawatch, lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.org.ca.parlugment, lugnet.loc.ca.on, FTX)

  Re: Hobby Show--huh??

In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, Calum Tsang wrote: <snip> (...) Basically I was waiting for Calum to pipe in 'cause he cuts straight to the chase. As for me, I'm pretty much 'on the fence'--I love doing these shows but I don't want to pay for it-we're (...) (19 years ago, 27-Sep-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.loc.ca.on)

  Re: Hobby Show--huh??

(...) Hey guys, This is insane. If Hobby Show wants us there, they can pay for tables and electricity. If they can't, I guess they can take any mention of Lego off their website, and pictures of anything we've done. I'm sick of these cheapskates (...) (19 years ago, 27-Sep-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.loc.ca.on)

  Re: Hobby Show--huh??

(...) I totally agree on both points. My understanding of the previous years was that the display booths were there to draw in the crowds and the vendors then paid to have their booths and sell to the people attending. The deal was (and we stuck to (...) (19 years ago, 26-Sep-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.loc.ca.on)

  Re: Hobby Show--huh??

(...) I've done lots of conventions and having to pay for electricity isn't that uncommon, but having to pay for tables and chairs is unheard of! That sucks. I was going to suggest the train tables, but Derek beat me to it. Convention centres (...) (19 years ago, 26-Sep-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.loc.ca.on)

  Re: Hobby Show--huh??

In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, Derek Raycraft wrote: <snip> (...) I hear thru the grapevine that many exhibitors aren't happy.. I have train modules that I can bring. If anyone has access to folding tables, I think that'd be better. I'll look into the (...) (19 years ago, 26-Sep-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.loc.ca.on)

  Re: Hobby Show--huh??

(...) My first impulse is we're out. I don't think we should have to pay money to put on a show for them. On second though I don't want to miss out on seeing everyones work. So I guess the big question is, how much? For tables, I can bring my train (...) (19 years ago, 26-Sep-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.loc.ca.on)

  Hobby Show--huh??

So I just received a phone call from Christine--she's helping organize the clubs who are attending the hobby show. so bottom line--we have to bring our own tables and chairs (or rent them) AND if we want electicity, we have to rent that from the (...) (19 years ago, 26-Sep-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.loc.ca.on)

  ParLUGment layout at Railfair 2005 model railway show

ParLUGment, the Ottawa-area Lego User's Group, will once again be showing a substantial Lego train layout at Railfair, the local model railway show. The event takes place in Ottawa on the weekend of 15-16 October, 2005, and is held at Algonquin (...) (19 years ago, 24-Sep-05, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.loc.ca, lugnet.org.ca.parlugment, lugnet.trains)

  Re: GBC on Breakfast Television

(...) Quoi ? BrickFest Television ? ah non, mince, juste Breakfast. En tout cas jolie chemise, jolis modules GBB et très très très jolie animatrice ;-) A bientôt Jean-Marc Didier (19 years ago, 16-Sep-05, to lugnet.fun.community, lugnet.loc.ca.ns, lugnet.technic)

  GBC on Breakfast Television

Hello to everyone & GBC addicts! I went To Breakfast Television on Tuesday, sept 13, to present the now VERY famous Great Ball Contraption (GBC). After the success in Brickfest, AND the smiles of KKK, I decided to introduce the GBC in Nova Scotia. (...) (19 years ago, 16-Sep-05, to lugnet.fun.community, lugnet.loc.ca.ns, lugnet.technic)

  McCain's and LEGO

Caught part of a commercial today for McCain's Zwak (kids punch drink boxes) that mentioned LEGO. Something about winning a trip to LEGOLand California. For more info it said to check out their website (URL) I'm using an old computer, with an old (...) (19 years ago, 14-Sep-05, to lugnet.loc.ca)

  Re: A familiar uniform on a minifig MOC

Hi Adrian (...) It is an extraordinaryily useful substance, isn't it? :) If you haven't seem my discussion on making custom elements, have a look here for lots more techniques and suchlike: (URL) When painting that small, do you use stencils or (...) (19 years ago, 14-Sep-05, to lugnet.build.minifigs, lugnet.loc.ca, lugnet.parts.custom, lugnet.parts.mod, lugnet.town)

  Re: Where do we go from here...

(...) I still think it's a neat idea. And there's nothing wrong with a facade. (...) I'm building it horizontal, so that: a) It won't run the risk of falling (a la my CN Tower) b) I can build more detail into the top and bottom of each stage, (...) (19 years ago, 14-Sep-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.loc.ca.on)

  Re: Where do we go from here...

(...) Well I'm not sure. I'm hoping not to put too much effort into the train show. My area is more or less complete. I just want to add more details. By the way, what are the dates for the Train Show? Dave? If this is the case, it would be (...) (19 years ago, 13-Sep-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.loc.ca.on)

  Re: A familiar uniform on a minifig MOC

Excellent work! I've never thought of using epoxy putty to build up a custom lego element, but it seems perfectly suited to the job - I do use it for all sorts of other household repairs. Love that stuff. When painting that small, do you use (...) (19 years ago, 12-Sep-05, to lugnet.build.minifigs, lugnet.loc.ca, lugnet.parts.custom, lugnet.parts.mod, lugnet.town)

  Re: More Mocs for the HS... (was Where do we go from here)

(...) I only had I think 6 done last year--now there's twice as many :) (19 years ago, 9-Sep-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.loc.ca.on)

  The Dirty Brickster is Coming!!!

Yes, once again it is time for the Dirty Brickster at NWBrickCon. Yes, it is once again time to peruse your various Lego and Lego related stuff to find that perfect gift to exchange, that thing you don't really need but that someone else may go (...) (19 years ago, 9-Sep-05, to lugnet.events.nwbrickcon, lugnet.announce, lugnet.loc.ca.bc, lugnet.loc.us.id, lugnet.loc.us.or, lugnet.loc.us.wa, lugnet.market.brickshops, lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, lugnet.org.us.sealug) !!

  Re: Where do we go from here...

(...) Derek, are you going to leave me in suspense until November? Seriously, are you really building this? :) Inquiring (and mostly warped) minds want to know. AB (19 years ago, 8-Sep-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.loc.ca.on)

  Re: More Mocs for the HS... (was Where do we go from here)

(...) Did you have those there last year? I'm looking forward to seeing those. :) AB (19 years ago, 8-Sep-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.loc.ca.on)

  Re: A familiar uniform on a minifig MOC

(...) *blush* Thank you for your kind words. (...) You're looking at the one and only. :) (...) Thanks. I think it came out pretty well. A fair amount of work to do, but not especially _hard_ work once you've cracked the trick of how to do the (...) (19 years ago, 7-Sep-05, to lugnet.build.minifigs, lugnet.loc.ca, lugnet.parts.custom, lugnet.parts.mod, lugnet.town)

  Re: A familiar uniform on a minifig MOC

(...) This IS a fine art work! I love it! How many hundreds did you make so far??? ;~D I really like the hat. Congrats, JM (lugnet#98) (...) (19 years ago, 7-Sep-05, to lugnet.build.minifigs, lugnet.loc.ca, lugnet.parts.custom, lugnet.parts.mod, lugnet.town)

  A familiar uniform on a minifig MOC

A familiar uniform on a minifig MOC ===...=== Hi everyone. I thought that some of you might be interested in a recently completed custom minifig of mine - a member of the Royal Canadian Mounted Police in dismounted full dress scarlet. Thanks to (...) (19 years ago, 7-Sep-05, to lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.build.minifigs, lugnet.loc.ca, lugnet.parts.custom, lugnet.parts.mod, lugnet.town) !!

  Re: More Mocs for the HS... (was Where do we go from here)

(...) I am planning on attending, but I have no clue of the scope of what I am bringing yet. One thing I suspect I will be bringing my rivermill which is 3 x 4 32x32 baseplates. ((URL) have been getting busy for me over the last couple of weeks as (...) (19 years ago, 6-Sep-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.loc.ca.on)

  Re: More Mocs for the HS... (was Where do we go from here)

In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, Keith Hui wrote: <snip> (...) I'm in--I'll birng my 8421, and so can everyone else... and if Jacub brings his great cranes, it'd be even better... I'm also going to bring about a dozen little multi-coloured go-carts :) (...) (19 years ago, 6-Sep-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.loc.ca.on)

  Re: More Mocs for the HS... (was Where do we go from here)

(...) I want to come... Except I took Butters apart, and I don't know if I can finish my Orion 7 (the transit bus, no less!) in time. BTW who's in for a crane truck madness? What I have in mind is we assemble as many crane trucks as we can, from (...) (19 years ago, 6-Sep-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.loc.ca.on)

  Call for Presenters at NWBrickCon 2005

NWBrickCon 2005 would like *you* to present, facilitate, or run a talk, round-table, class, or special activity. NWBrickCon schedules several classes and special events throughout the Con---seeing and sharing MOCs is fun, but a Lego fan convention (...) (19 years ago, 3-Sep-05, to lugnet.events.nwbrickcon, lugnet.announce, lugnet.events, lugnet.loc.us.wa, lugnet.loc.us.or, lugnet.loc.us.id, lugnet.loc.ca.bc) !

  Re: Any Intrest in Space and Castle at this years Hobby Show?

(...) Let's face it, Deborah is not conventional. Jude (19 years ago, 1-Sep-05, to lugnet.loc.ca.on, lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Any Intrest in Space and Castle at this years Hobby Show?

(...) >> (...) I was just basing that statement on convention. IF ALL CAPS IS SHOUTING, then all lowercase must be quiet. Derek (19 years ago, 1-Sep-05, to lugnet.loc.ca.on, lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Any Intrest in Space and Castle at this years Hobby Show?

(...) been called a lot of things, but never that! someone (i believe it might have been calum) said that no capitals makes it hard to read. never looked at it that way. doesn't change anything. i still use periods, that should help. -§ deborah §- (19 years ago, 1-Sep-05, to lugnet.loc.ca.on, lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Any Intrest in Space and Castle at this years Hobby Show?

(...) She's just soft spoken. Derek (19 years ago, 1-Sep-05, to lugnet.loc.ca.on, lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Any Intrest in Space and Castle at this years Hobby Show?

(...) Deborah! Your lack of captialization is putting me down! ;) Wow, That is the best sarcastic remark I could come up with! ... I'm spent. jEFF vw (19 years ago, 1-Sep-05, to lugnet.loc.ca.on, lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Any Intrest in Space and Castle at this years Hobby Show?

(...) not to put down jeff, but the second canadian. pierre normandin of quebec/parlugment was in the first round and continues in the second round. -§ deborah §- (19 years ago, 1-Sep-05, to lugnet.loc.ca.on, lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Any Intrest in Space and Castle at this years Hobby Show?

(...) That should say 2nd Canadian Lego Ambassador.. Pierre Normandin is the Original! Now there are 2 uf us! :) Jeff VW (...) (19 years ago, 1-Sep-05, to lugnet.loc.ca.on, lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Any Intrest in Space and Castle at this years Hobby Show?

(...) Canadian LEGO Ambassador.... Nicely done! Dave K (19 years ago, 1-Sep-05, to lugnet.loc.ca.on, lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Any Intrest in Space and Castle at this years Hobby Show?

(...) Awww Gosh, Thanks Chris! :) (19 years ago, 1-Sep-05, to lugnet.loc.ca.on, lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Any Intrest in Space and Castle at this years Hobby Show?

(...) moonbase, never. if ever, jason's thinking, star wars since i've just borrowed his movies to walk through them via treadmill (hadn't seen the first (4th) since 1977), hadn't seen any of the others, but i've told him not to hold his breath. (...) (19 years ago, 1-Sep-05, to lugnet.loc.ca.on, lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Any Intrest in Space and Castle at this years Hobby Show?

(...) go get em jeff, congratulations. Chris (19 years ago, 1-Sep-05, to lugnet.loc.ca.on, lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Any Intrest in Space and Castle at this years Hobby Show?

(...) Awww But deborah (lowercase just for you) I was looking forward to seeing a moonbase villa from you.. :( (...) Thanks! It cheered me up when I recieved the message this afternoon. Jeff VW (...) (19 years ago, 1-Sep-05, to lugnet.loc.ca.on, lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Any Intrest in Space and Castle at this years Hobby Show?

(...) Jeff's a lego ambassador? How come they dont make ME an ambassador? oh wait.... never mind. :) Chris (19 years ago, 1-Sep-05, to lugnet.loc.ca.on, lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Any Intrest in Space and Castle at this years Hobby Show?

(...) sorry, can't oblige in either area! but just read the latest post and am extending my congratulations on your new responsibility as lego ambassador. way to go! -§ deborah higdon-leblond §- (19 years ago, 1-Sep-05, to lugnet.loc.ca.on, lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Any Intrest in Space and Castle at this years Hobby Show?

Hey Everyone, I have been dabbling a bit in moonbases and Castles this year. So I was wondering if there was anyone intrested in setting up: a moonbase layout a castle layout Anyone intrested? Jeff VW (19 years ago, 1-Sep-05, to lugnet.loc.ca.on, lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Hobby Show Dates

(...) no prob (...) well, you can do what i DID. When I found my pyro wedding photos on several web sites. Send a polite but FIRM letter explaining that the pic is YOURS. point to the original link, and explain that the bride and groom is your wife, (...) (19 years ago, 1-Sep-05, to lugnet.loc.ca.on, lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Hobby Show Dates

(...) Thanks for getting that out there quickly, Chris. And good catch on the LEGO MOC pics.. On a completely unrelated note, here's a question-- If you're cruising the vastness of the internet and you come across pictures blatantly ripped off of (...) (19 years ago, 1-Sep-05, to lugnet.loc.ca.on, lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Hobby Show Dates

(...) im pretty sure that basd on this: (URL) Nov, 4 - 6 2005 Chris notice the extensive use of LEGO MOC pics to entice the public? (19 years ago, 1-Sep-05, to lugnet.loc.ca.on, lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Hobby Show Dates

I can't find them quick enough and I need to fill out a bunch of paperwork to get the time off. What are the dates of the Hobby Show? Thanks, Jude (19 years ago, 1-Sep-05, to lugnet.loc.ca.on, lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: More Mocs for the HS... (was Where do we go from here)

(...) It would be great to see the Bobs return.... and its builder. :) So long as the speed control is working properly, the Bobs is a wonderful model to see in action. So who else is coming? If people would prefer not to publically post their (...) (19 years ago, 31-Aug-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.loc.ca.on)

  More Mocs for the HS... (was Where do we go from here)

(...) Dave and Alan et al, I know, I know, I already told you I would be "playing",... but could you please also reserve some room for my bud Tilt, who will be bringing some sort of ride (shocking eh?), maybe the return of Bob, or maybe a new one (...) (19 years ago, 31-Aug-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.loc.ca.on)

  More Vendors Wanted at NWBrickCon Brick Bazaar

This is somewhat of a repeat, but the deadline for pre-registration is fast approaching... Bring your Lego wares to NWBrickCon! NWBrickCon will be held October 7th-9th at the Seattle Center. And the Brick Bazaar is a fanstastic time to unload your (...) (19 years ago, 30-Aug-05, to lugnet.events.nwbrickcon, lugnet.announce, lugnet.loc.ca.bc, lugnet.loc.us.id, lugnet.loc.us.or, lugnet.loc.us.wa, lugnet.market.brickshops, lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, lugnet.org.us.sealug) !!

  Re: Where do we go from here...

"David Koudys" <dkoudys@redeemer.on.ca> wrote in message news:IL9IA9.yFw@lugnet.com... (...) Hmm, i was thinking, ( based on a post in this thread, but i have lost it), rather than a freeform play table how about we get (i.e donated by TLG) a whack (...) (19 years ago, 23-Aug-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.loc.ca.on)

  Re: 50th anniversary bucket

(...) Not sure if this has been mentioned elsewhere but... Looks like these are now available on Shop At Home: (URL) B. (19 years ago, 19-Aug-05, to lugnet.loc.ca, lugnet.general)

  Re: Where do we go from here...

(...) Awesome idea. (...) I really like the pumpkin idea. The show is about a week after Halloween, but still around that season, so I think it would be a cool model. Allan (19 years ago, 18-Aug-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.loc.ca.on)

  Re: Where do we go from here...

(...) No, that is definitely NOT what I am making. (...) Retract, as in 'retractable' landing gear maybe? AB (19 years ago, 18-Aug-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.loc.ca.on)

  Re: Where do we go from here...

(...) Seriously? Is that really what you're building? Or are you just mocking my MOC? :) I hope you're serious, as I think that would make a nice pair of models from the same general theme. Allan (19 years ago, 18-Aug-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.loc.ca.on)

  NWBrickCon is Coming! Vendors are Needed!

I'm in charge of the Brick Bazaar at NWBrickCon again this year, and it is comming up fast! This year NWBrickCon will be held October 7th-9th at the Seattle Center. The Brick Bazaar will be a much better location this year (the Olympic Room) than (...) (19 years ago, 18-Aug-05, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.events.nwbrickcon, lugnet.loc.ca.bc, lugnet.loc.us.id, lugnet.loc.us.or, lugnet.loc.us.wa, lugnet.market.brickshops, lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, lugnet.org.us.sealug) !!

  Re: Where do we go from here...

(...) No. But the original thing (upon which it's based) assembed something that did generate about 160,000,000 horsepower. Derek ;-) (19 years ago, 18-Aug-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.loc.ca.on)

  Re: Where do we go from here...

(...) If TLC is involved, can they bring any instructions and elements for mosaics or coloured mosaics that the kids/adults can build. Something using the 32x32 base plate? And if there is WALL space can they be hung by a wire or something like (...) (19 years ago, 18-Aug-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.loc.ca.on)

  Re: Where do we go from here...

(...) Projects for the Hobby Show Janey - Red House deborah - A keyboard with working Caps Lock and Shift keys Derek - Faberge Egg Sculpture Allan - Personal Massager Chris - ? JohnG - ? JeffVW - ? Now if I could only get some freakin retracts (...) (19 years ago, 18-Aug-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.loc.ca.on)

  Re: Where do we go from here...

(...) does this thing vibrate? (19 years ago, 18-Aug-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.loc.ca.on)

  Re: Where do we go from here...

(...) Not that you mentioned me, but my all my grey is taken up by a project for Hobby Show. It's big, it's boxy and the original thing (upon which it's based) encloses a volume of 129,428,000 cubic feet. ;-) Derek (19 years ago, 18-Aug-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.loc.ca.on)

  Re: Where do we go from here...

(...) I didn't think we'd come to any conclusion yet. That was the gist of my question above. I should have highlighted the is in the phrase, "is a play area the best way to go? (...) I'm with you. I totally agree. That was the type of suggestion I (...) (19 years ago, 18-Aug-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.loc.ca.on, FTX)

  Re: Where do we go from here...

(...) Cool, this is going to be awesome. Can't wait to see it! Derek (19 years ago, 18-Aug-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.loc.ca.on)

  Re: Where do we go from here...

(...) I'll try and bring some of the models from the NMRA/train6 layout. If only I had rings of grey bricks to put them into...who has lots of grey bricks? JeffVW? JohnG? Wayne? Hrm. Calum (19 years ago, 18-Aug-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.loc.ca.on, FTX)

  Re: Where do we go from here...

(...) My interest in GBC's is about the same as Bionicle. And Bionicle has those cool shoes. Calum (19 years ago, 18-Aug-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.loc.ca.on)

  Re: Where do we go from here...

(...) So, here's my question: Where did we come to the conclusion that Lego wanted a play area? Can't we do something that highlights the AF in AFOL, eg, a large display or project that could be really impressive for kids and adults? Calum (19 years ago, 18-Aug-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.loc.ca.on, FTX)

  Re: Where do we go from here...

(...) Does this mean that I had more *unused* GBC's than rtl brought GBCs? (...) Kevin P.S. It is a little known fact that my pneumatic GBC was the most reliable MOC there. It never lost a ball. (19 years ago, 18-Aug-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.loc.ca.on)

  Re: Where do we go from here...

(...) Yeah, there's defintely an opportunity if you're one of those folks who don't feel you fit well into rtlToronto (or even alienated by rtlToronto :) Paul Hynes had this amazing tank model there last year. Check out the rest: (URL) know for a (...) (19 years ago, 18-Aug-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.loc.ca.on, FTX)

  Re: Where do we go from here...

(...) Poor choice of clues. My bad. AB (19 years ago, 18-Aug-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.loc.ca.on)

  Re: Where do we go from here...

(...) ohhh...hhh thats NOT what i was thinking...... i was thinking something ELSE all together. (URL) (19 years ago, 18-Aug-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.loc.ca.on)

  Re: Where do we go from here...

(...) (19 years ago, 18-Aug-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.loc.ca.on)

  Re: Where do we go from here...

(...) Hmm, could it be one of these: (URL) (19 years ago, 18-Aug-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.loc.ca.on)

  Re: Where do we go from here...

(...) No. But the original thing (upon which it's based) did generate about 160,000,000 horsepower. AB (19 years ago, 18-Aug-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.loc.ca.on)

  Re: Where do we go from here...

(...) YES. i would like to take a few seconds to PUBLICLY say that i am just blown away by ALL of the MOC's Janey has done. RTL would do itself PROUD to have her picture on the front page. Janey. your MOC's are just amazing. In fact. I would like to (...) (19 years ago, 18-Aug-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.loc.ca.on)

  Re: Where do we go from here...

(...) I'm glad you noted this Calum! There's not only the fact that we have a fairly generous amount of space, but also that the models remain setup for three full days. So working on, then bringing and displaying, a large model is something to look (...) (19 years ago, 18-Aug-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.loc.ca.on, FTX)

  Re: Where do we go from here...

(...) Janey, I know that you and a couple other people did respond to an earlier thread about The Hobby Show, but for some reason that discussion just seemed to fade away. So I'm glad Dave decided to light the fire again and I hope we can hear from (...) (19 years ago, 18-Aug-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.loc.ca.on, lugnet.general, lugnet.events, FTX)

  Re: Where do we go from here...

(...) many thanks for taking the time, especially since your time at the fest was limited. (...) i also look forward to seeing rtltoronto's contributions, especially the architecture based models. (...) -§ deborah §- (19 years ago, 18-Aug-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.loc.ca.on, FTX)

  Re: Where do we go from here...

In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, Calum Tsang wrote: snipped (...) Thanks Calum, I have enjoyed making that model, and giving the "home tours" while at BrickFest... I also look forward to setting it up at the Hobby Show. Snipped a bunch of other (...) (19 years ago, 17-Aug-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.loc.ca.on, FTX)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact