 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 14788
Re: Hobby Show--huh??
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.loc.ca.on
Date:
Mon, 26 Sep 2005 19:39:27 GMT

David Koudys wrote:
so bottom line--we have to bring our own tables and chairs (or rent them)

AND if we want electicity, we have to rent that from the building.

My first impulse is we're out.  I don't think we should have to pay
money to put on a show for them.

On second though I don't want to miss out on seeing everyones work.

I totally agree on both points.  My understanding of the previous years was that
the display booths were there to draw in the crowds and the vendors then paid to
have their booths and sell to the people attending.  The deal was (and we stuck
to it) that you couldn't sell anything if you were a display-only club booth.
And I thought that was working pretty well for the last 26 years.

But I would also enjoy seeing other people and their work. I don't get out very
much as it is.  ;)

So I guess the big question is, how much?

Ditto.

For tables, I can bring my train tables, and I'm sure others in the
group can bring theirs.

Here's something I can see happening.  You get every club/person bringing their
own variety of tables and so on.  So instead of all the same tables you'll end
up with every manner of old banquet tables, the newer folding plastic tables,
and who knows maybe card tables and whatnot.  I just wonder how tidy it's all
going to end up looking?

Power is hard to do without.  Even for superfluous things like camera
charges and laptops.

Also for running trains?

What's everyone thinking?

Really we shouldn't pay for any of it.  Basically they are telling us
they don't want use back next year.

I don't think it's just us. From what I'm hearing this isn't just for the LEGO
booth.  I can't figure out why they'd do this though.

AB