 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 14787
Re: Hobby Show--huh??
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.loc.ca.on
Date:
Mon, 26 Sep 2005 19:01:35 GMT

so bottom line--we have to bring our own tables and chairs (or rent them)

AND if we want electicity, we have to rent that from the building.

I've done lots of conventions and having to pay for electricity isn't that
uncommon, but having to pay for tables and chairs is unheard of! That sucks. I
was going to suggest the train tables, but Derek beat me to it.

Convention centres sometimes have weird rules. I was at a convention once in
Philidelphia where you weren't allowed to carry any boxes if you are walking on
carpet. If you're on carpet, then you have to pay a union guy has to carry it
for you. So we all figured out ways to get to our tables while walking on the
concrete floor. It was very "step on a crack, bvreak you mother's back" kind of
thing.When we were trapped by carpet, we ran across it like it was hot coals.

This story doesn't help our situation. Sorry.

-Greg