 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 14799
Re: Hobby Show--huh??
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.loc.ca.on
Date:
Tue, 27 Sep 2005 13:03:20 GMT

In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, Allan Bedford wrote:
David Koudys wrote:
so bottom line--we have to bring our own tables and chairs (or rent them)
AND if we want electicity, we have to rent that from the building.

My first impulse is we're out.  I don't think we should have to pay
money to put on a show for them.

I totally agree on both points.  My understanding of the previous years was
Hey guys,

This is insane.  If Hobby Show wants us there, they can pay
for tables and electricity.  If they can't, I guess they
can take any mention of Lego off their website, and
pictures of anything we've done.

I'm sick of these cheapskates trying to pawn off costs on
us, while getting all the benefit.  If they want to keep
their existing base of dying old white men, then fine, keep
doing what they're doing.  I'm not going to pay for the
goddamned privilege of displaying at some freak show,
especially not for tables and chairs from some unionized
staging house.

Other shows have paid us for showing trains at their train
events and other places in Canada and the US have paid
clubs to exhibit.  If Ted thinks it's some sort of charity
we're running where we donate to the good cause that is the
Hobby Show, he can bite me.

Derek-here's what happened with Lego.  Basically, the Hobby
Show people intimated that Lego was willing to do something
with us.  Meanwhile, Lego Canada had agreed to nothing but
to ship perhaps a premade Harry Potter statue or something.
It is a complete nonpriority for them, and I was
absolutely embarassed to find out these guys had basically
put words in Lego's mouth.

Calum