 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 14785
Re: Hobby Show--huh??
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.loc.ca.on
Date:
Mon, 26 Sep 2005 18:23:55 GMT

David Koudys wrote:
so bottom line--we have to bring our own tables and chairs (or rent them)

AND if we want electicity, we have to rent that from the building.

My first impulse is we're out.  I don't think we should have to pay
money to put on a show for them.

On second though I don't want to miss out on seeing everyones work.

So I guess the big question is, how much?

For tables, I can bring my train tables, and I'm sure others in the
group can bring theirs.

Power is hard to do without.  Even for superfluous things like camera
charges and laptops.

This combined with the little issue with the event organizers promising
something with LEGO Canada, yet pretty much nada...

Well, weren't we supposed to come up with something, and did nothing?

What's everyone thinking?

Chairs we can all do, lots of us have camping chairs.  They're like
10-15 bucks at Canadian Tire right now.

Tables, we bring the train tables, and any other folding table we have.
   If they are not too expensive, rent a few.

I think we'd regret not having power, but if it's too expensive we
shouldn't pay for it.

Really we shouldn't pay for any of it.  Basically they are telling us
they don't want use back next year.

Derek