 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 14375
Re: Where do we go from here...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.loc.ca.on
Date:
Tue, 23 Aug 2005 16:40:36 GMT

"David Koudys" <dkoudys@redeemer.on.ca> wrote in message
So BF is done--hope that went well--wish I could have been there, but
alas...
But there's good news for those in the Southern Ontario area needing
another fix
of all things "LEGO-ness"!

Yep, as mentioned earlier, we have the Hobby Show!  Also mentioned
earlier, LEGO
Canada wants to help out where they can!

Here's the thing--I'm all for 'showing up and seeing what happens'
('cause,
well, it works--just look at last year), but for TLC Canada to partake, we
need
to come up with something beforehand.

If anyone out there has any ideas for LEGO Canada and what might be a fun
thing
for the attendees and viewing masses at the Hobby Show, drop a note here
or
e-mail me.

Hmm, i was thinking, ( based on a post in this thread, but i have lost it),
rather than a freeform play table how about we get (i.e donated by TLG) a
whack of the small seasonal polybags (Santa 10068,Tree 10069, Reindeer
10070, Angel 10080) which we could (for a $5 donation, going to Sick Kids
Hosp.) hand out to kids and they could build it right then and there.  Still
needs to be supervised, and we need to deal with some cash now, but if the
funds are all going to charity, show organizers may not be too hard on us.
*Note the suggested 'donation' amount is more than the Shop at Home price so
we do not get any gougers showing up.
Or maybe we could hand out single 2x4 Gold bricks to attendies?

Cheers
Oliver
Play Well!

<snip>