 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 14333
Re: Where do we go from here...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.loc.ca.on
Date:
Wed, 17 Aug 2005 21:29:27 GMT

In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, Deborah Higdon wrote:

   hello rtl.

Hello deborah-with-out-capitals!

   i had the *pleasure* of meeting a few rtl members @ bf. i had the *pleasure* of meeting calum whom i found out takes exception to people who don’t *know* where the shift key is. apparently these people who don’t know how to use the shift key may not be intelligent! you’ll have to ask calum if he still feels this is true! however i did compliment him on his architectural style, so i may have redeemed myself in his eyes.

Well, I was very impressed by deborah’s models--they were very neat. I even took the effort to go after the opening ceremonies to see hers and Janey’s work in the display rooms set up by the display “coordinator”. Janey’s dollhouse was kick-ass.

   i also had the pleasure of meeting greg, jeff and ralph. it was quite the experience. and here i was thinking that rtl was a staid group of robot-heads. was i wrong! in any case, all this to say that i will be

Let me state that the people in rtl that would go to BrickFest are not the robot-heads. In fact, it’s usually the NON robot heads who go to BF (eg, Derek, JeffVW, Greg, myself). And for that matter, I’d rather not go to BF and spend my time doing contests when we’ve got plenty of that stuff up here!

   complete for our railfair in october, but it will be houses with a beach theme, maybe 2 or 3, maybe more, but they tend to be on the relatively large scale (my lug says i have a problem with scale - ask janey who’s got the problem). the only one completed so far is 2x3 green baseplates. please let me know if these prove to be too bulky and i’ll reduce my haul, bringing only 1 or 2.

Well, scale is not a problem at Hobby Show. It’s the ideal place to bring out the stuff that’s NOT regularly shown at rtlToronto, eg, single architectural models (ie, one building), mecha, airplanes, sculptures, etc.

   i’m looking forward to renewing the friendships/aquaintances i made in d.c. and to find out if all they said about the rest of you is really true! (insert tongue in cheek) i’d offer to supervise your children’s play area but it’s what i do all day for a living, so i’ll give it a wide berth.

   parlugment (with no upper case) - that really bugs jude beaudin.

And it really bugs me when people type in like “RTL TORONto” or “RT-L Toronto” (I’m looking at you Ben). Fortunately, my colleagues here are pretty good about it.

Calum