 Local / Australia / 10153
Re: hmmmm... What about us?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Fri, 15 Nov 2002 02:10:19 GMT

In lugnet.loc.au, Kerry Raymond writes:
Guns? I thought the Swiss army only used those incredibly useful knives.

So they fooled you too.
Curse those deceptive Swiss!

The Swiss Army knives that we buy in shops are in fact
not the standard issue for the Swiss Army.

Another case of Australia being discriminated against! Those Swiss treat
Australians very poorly.  Not only do we not get the real knives, but their
watches can only cope with one or two time zones (not the 4-5 we need in
this wide brown land). And their cheese melts in the Australian sun.

Our Swiss Army knives unfold to
reveal scissors, screwdrivers, corkscrews and things for taking stones out of
horse's hoofs. However, the real Swiss Army knife unfolds into a large machine
gun, a camping stove, and a pair of skis and poles (but not all at the same
time, of course, they need to carry three if they want to ski, shoot and make
fondue simultaneously).

And who wouldn't want to ski, shoot and make fondue simultaneously?

Richie
(Who trusts that the Swiss are blessed with a rich sense of humour)