 Local / Australia / 10158
Re: hmmmm... What about us?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Fri, 15 Nov 2002 04:30:34 GMT

In lugnet.loc.au, Kerry Raymond writes:

I am tired of hearing how bad it is for Lego in Australia in this newsgroup. I
actually think we have it quite good!

Great post Kerry. I too think Australia is pretty well served for Lego,
although I do wish they had a far more extensive line of bulk parts, but I
believe that's a universal complaint.

It would be nice to be able to look at it all in one place though. I'm not
real keen on these 'exclusives' that stores seem to like crowing about. You
can get a fairly extensive range of set in the stores here, but they're
spread out. If I want to look at Island Extreme sets, only Big W has them.
Life on Mars only appears at TRU. For Alpha Team sets, K-Mart is the best
place, although most stores do have some of them. Target has all the Studios
exclusives (although the Target in the Brisbane Myer Centre has f.a. of
anything). S&H is the best place to see everything, but I thought the idea
of mail order, especially direct from the manufacturer, was that it was
supposed to be significantly cheaper than retail. A lot of the S&H range is
more expensive than regular retail, albeit not significantly.

Even if a Lego store did open here, where would it be? My bets are on
Sydney, and since I get there approximately never, I for one will be no
better off. There'd have to be one in  each capital city at least, and what
are the chances of that happening?

Allister
questor for multiple Droid Escape sets