 LEGO Company / LEGO Direct / 627
  So where is Brad's answer to the 2001 info?

So here it is, AGES later (in Internet time), and not one peep out of Brad. On something so important they tapped Todd on the shoulder and requested a removal. Brad, what happened to the idea of COMMUNICATION??? You're slacking BADLY on one of your (...) (24 years ago, 18-Aug-00, to lugnet.lego.direct) !!

  Re: So where is Brad's answer to the 2001 info?

(...) Tom, you're right -- on all counts. It *is* ages later (in Internet time); but whether you like it or I like it, there are still parts of the world that move in regular old analog clock time (actually, most of the world does). We try not to be (...) (24 years ago, 20-Aug-00, to lugnet.lego.direct) !!

  Re: So where is Brad's answer to the 2001 info?

In lugnet.lego.direct, Brad Justus writes: [snip] (...) I think your handling of this has been more than reasonable. [snip] (...) Here's a suggestion: When you are ready to release the 2001 in box catalogs for a given reigon, mail one to me and I'll (...) (24 years ago, 20-Aug-00, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  (canceled)

  Re: So where is Brad's answer to the 2001 info?

(...) I have some questions and comments on the above: - Is the above sequence to be followed when someone posts or causes to be posted an individuals personal information (such as address - see the VLC meeting location incident for an example)? - (...) (24 years ago, 20-Aug-00, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.admin.general)

  (canceled)

  Re: So where is Brad's answer to the 2001 info?

(...) (Replying to my own post) Just to be clear, the above are _suggestions_ to LEGO as to how to handle events like this in the future. They do not represent or define LUGNET site policy. Thus, "within a reasonable amount of time" is up to LEGO to (...) (24 years ago, 20-Aug-00, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: So where is Brad's answer to the 2001 info?

In lugnet.lego.direct, Todd Lehman writes: <snip> (...) which (...) <snip> (...) Sorry I missed the part about being suggestions to TLC. I do still see some problem with #3. I'm not sure what all the ramifications of publishing a private (...) (24 years ago, 20-Aug-00, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: So where is Brad's answer to the 2001 info?

(...) I'd better check on that. As far as I'm aware, it's not illegal to publish a private communication, just rude (assuming it doesn't contain any sensitive information, of course). (...) Yes, for CYA reasons and out of respect for the community. (...) (24 years ago, 20-Aug-00, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: So where is Brad's answer to the 2001 info?

(...) To anyone who might be jumping in and hearing about this for the first time, the following articles from last week explain that LEGO made a formal legal request: (3 URLs) don't read too much into the light wording Brad used above (such as (...) (24 years ago, 21-Aug-00, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: So where is Brad's answer to the 2001 info?

In lugnet.lego.direct, Brad Justus writes: <snip lots of stuff about communication and 2001 set stuff. I will wait and let your actions speek for themselves before getting more critical than I have been.> (...) As for this I think it is something (...) (24 years ago, 21-Aug-00, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: So where is Brad's answer to the 2001 info?

(...) demonstrate (...) That [any part in any color] will never happen (at least not with current technology). Well, it could happen if you wanted enough of the part (once they really get this going, it should be possible for someone who is willing (...) (24 years ago, 21-Aug-00, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: So where is Brad's answer to the 2001 info?

Brad Justus wrote: snip.... (...) In a perfect world, the posting would be for a complete parts reference guide AND a way to bulk order any part in any color. Even if it isn't this fall, knowing it's coming would be nice. :) Mark (24 years ago, 21-Aug-00, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: So where is Brad's answer to the 2001 info?

"Brad Justus" <legodirect@lego.com> wrote in message news:FzLt90.25M@lugnet.com... (...) it, (...) time (...) but (...) more (...) Brad, Thanks for this post. I am encouraged by your words, but obviously it doesn't leave me personally, and us (...) (24 years ago, 21-Aug-00, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Brad's answer to the 2001 info?

(...) Perhaps they can start with something simple like letting the LTCs give out Shop @ Home business cards at train shows? SO many people don't realize that LEGO makes trains - we get comments like that all the time. What I would *really* like to (...) (24 years ago, 21-Aug-00, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: So where is Brad's answer to the 2001 info?

(...) Really. Well, those parts certainly moved fast enough to tell you to contact Todd and ask him to remove it. Those parts also certainly moved fast enough to tell you that there was absolutely legal reasoning behind the "request" when Todd asked (...) (24 years ago, 21-Aug-00, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: So where is Brad's answer to the 2001 info?

(...) I hate to follow myself up, but I thought of something else in this vein: I've spent well over $250 in the past two weeks on Lego. Probably closer to $300. Lego will see none of that money, because it wasn't spent in a store. It was spent on (...) (24 years ago, 21-Aug-00, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Brad's answer to the 2001 info?

(...) ...WAMALUG 'liberated' a box of cards from The Store and we hand them out at shows and encourage people to tell the cust serv person that 'WAMALUG sent them'. I figure if enuf people do that, the word will get up the chain of command, tho (...) (24 years ago, 21-Aug-00, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: So where is Brad's answer to the 2001 info?

Thanks for posting the explanation (and I suppose thanks should go to Tom for rattling the proverbial cage). :-) Personally, I didn't have a problem with any of Todd's actions or Lego's, but since my wife often deals with intellectual property (...) (24 years ago, 21-Aug-00, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: So where is Brad's answer to the 2001 info?

(...) I spend more on new store-bought sets than those old sets on Ebay, but I should explain in detail. I buy the new sets when they are on sale or deep discount. (judging from the shelves, S@H will be offering Town Jr. and Rock Raider sets for (...) (24 years ago, 22-Aug-00, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: So where is Brad's answer to the 2001 info?

(...) Well, I'm fairly certain that it doesn't matter much to Lego (in the short term anyway) if you pay full retail price at Wal-Mart or wait for WM to drop them to 50% off to clear them off the shelf. Wal-Mart paid for the sets up front, so the (...) (24 years ago, 22-Aug-00, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: So where is Brad's answer to the 2001 info?

(...) Brad, I know how launching a new business venture can be very time consuming, and that you have a very full plate. I have been a harsh critic of TLC in the past. But from the beginning I decided to cut you some slack, and have given you and (...) (24 years ago, 22-Aug-00, to lugnet.lego.direct)