 General / 53068
Re: Nothing to say?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Sat, 14 Oct 2006 19:27:11 GMT

"Tim Gould" <tgould.lego(AT@)gmail(DOT.)com> wrote in message
news:J6z7I7.K09@lugnet.com...
<http://news.lugnet.com/pirates/?n=4453 This recent post> brought me back
something that's been bugging me for quite a while here. People rarely
comment
on MOCs here lately (with some exceptions like trains). For someone new to
forum I imagine this is extremely disheartening and would really put me
off
posting if I were a newcomer.

So come on people, take the few moments to say something about a new
model. If a
post has no responses after a day, make sure it has one before you finish
reading lugnet. This silence is unkind.

One reason I do not post very much (whether in response to MOCs or other
topics) is that I am generally only able to be on Lugnet maybe once per
week.  By the time I get to see an MOC, the original post may be several
days old (if not older).  This reply is coming three days after Tim's
original post (and 27 other responses).

When I do occassionally reply to an MOC, it is usually beause I saw
something very creative or unique that really impressed me.  However, this
is a valid reason not to post replies to other's MOCs more often.  Tim,
thanks for bringing up this point.  I have been faithfully reading Lugnet
from the very beginning and would like to see the forums return to a higher
"MOC-to-noise" posting ratio.

Tim
RichLUG