 General / 53042
Re: Nothing to say?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Thu, 12 Oct 2006 02:00:55 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

In lugnet.general, Timothy Gould wrote:
   This recent post brought me back to something that’s been bugging me for quite a while here. People rarely comment on MOCs here lately (with some exceptions like trains). For someone new to a forum I imagine this is extremely disheartening and would really put me off posting if I were a newcomer.

So come on people, take the few moments to say something about a new model. If a post has no responses after a day, make sure it has one before you finish reading lugnet. This silence is unkind.

Thanks,

Tim

Wise words, Tim. Even if it’s a simply “nice MOC” or “me too” post, it can certainly be encouraging.

I recall that Legomaster Eric Sophie made an effort to post about MOCs so that posters make a point to reply so that they feel good and not ignored (1). I know I felt encouraged when someone like him replied to one of my early mocs.

Spotlighted. Thanks for sharing.

Which reminds me. While we’re all responding to MOC posts, we should be forward in using the ‘Spotlight’ function, which will help solve one of the other problems people see with LUGNET.

   PS. Yes this is a rant.

Perhaps, but if it is, it is one of the most collegial rants I’ve seen on LUGNET. Kudos to you for bringing this up.

Cheers

Richie Dulin

(1) It’s a long post, the bit that I had in mind is this: Also when I see a person that posted and no one has said anything, I make a point to reply so that person feels good and not ignored. I have done this countless times.