 General / 53057
Re: Nothing to say?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Thu, 12 Oct 2006 15:47:59 GMT

--snip--
I think you should. What is easy to forget for those who've been around for a
while is that the entry-level is now so much lower than the best. The top
quality of MOCs has increased so fast that it is almost impossible for a
newcomer to make something up to that quality. But... almost all MOCs have at
least one interesting point. I usually try to pick out that one point and focus
on it and perhaps others could do the same.

Tim

I think you hit it- our standards are so high that a MOC has to REALLY have some
element(s) about it to get a response.

I still don't think it should be this way. It's not so hard to focus on what is
good in an otherwise mediocre model. I've also noticed that MOCs have to also be
photographed well these days to get much response... that makes it even more
difficult for newcomers.

I don't post much in terms of written feedback but I do use the
highlight/spotlight function often.  I figure it's giving the builder some
notice for their work.
Adr.

That assumes the person even knows what it is and uses the web interface. I
don't consider it an adequate substitute for new members although I think it's
fine for older ones.

Tim