 General / 53049
Re: Nothing to say?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Thu, 12 Oct 2006 10:43:49 GMT

Hello!

So I have read all the replies in this thread and decided I'd spotlight that
post. (And did so.) That made me think: >Hm, every once in a while I see posts
with MOCs and no answers but with like five spotlights. It's nice people like
that MOC, but why does nobody bother to comment?< So I'll comment. Even though
this is not a MOC.

So come on people, take the few moments to say something about a new model.
If a post has no responses after a day, make sure it has one before you
finish reading lugnet. This silence is unkind.

I too think it's a sad thing people build MOCs and present them to the community
but they don't get comments on them. And, well, I'm not good at commenting
myself. But often I see MOCs that just slightly interest me. Or don't interest
me at all. Lack of interest is a bad base for a profound comment. And a simple
"I like it" for pure encouraging purpose just isn't my style. :-) So I rather
let those comment who are truly interested in this MOC. If nobody is interested
it's sad, but I can't bring myself to pretend I was...

Also, I'm looking at MOCs in the www for about six years now. In the beginning,
when the communities were small and manageable, I would comment on about every
MOC that came up. Often just for the purpose of community bounding. Later on
this wasn't necessary anymore, so I picked the MOCs I would comment on more
carefully. And now I only respond to MOCs that I really really like, for
whatever reasons. And not even on those everytime.
Maybe I should change that behaviour.

Bye
Jojo