 General / 44787
Re: The Brickfest PDX Moonbase Build Up!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.general, lugnet.org.scibrick, lugnet.space
Date:
Wed, 14 Jan 2004 10:31:41 GMT

In lugnet.events.brickfest, Anders Isaksson wrote:
   Jon Palmer wrote:
   This is going to be the biggest Moonbase yet. We’re hoping to at least surpass the 60 module mark.

In fact, we built a moonbase with 64 modules at the latest meeting of Swedish Lego Nuts, but that was cheating as we used my half-scale standard (16x16 modules):

http://www.lotek.nu/swelug/031024SweLUG5/m/moon/24.jpg

-- Anders Isaksson, Sweden BlockCAD: http://user.tninet.se/~hbh828t/proglego.htm Gallery: http://user.tninet.se/~hbh828t/gallery/index.htm

It looks like you had fun and put some work into that setup, but I would agree with Mark that that isn’t a Moonbase. (a tighter color scheme, or some “neighborhoods” could help too)

However, to spin this into something positive I’d like to talk about the long discussed Micro Moonbase standard. Maybe we could even have a micro *and* nanofig scale standard. Your base isn’t technically half size because Moonbase is 48x48 and up, but it seems like a good start.

Would you or anyone who contributed to that layout be interested in helping develop the micro or nanoscale standard for Moonbase? Right now Moonbase (aside from some astounding French modules) is a North American trend, but I would love to see it have a bigger presence is Europe, Japan and Oz.

Let me know here what you think. Regardless, after PDX I’ll be adding the micro standard (and vertical corridors) to the website. But it would be a lot more fun to have some input from others.

    j o n
zemi.net
moonbase