 General / 44478
44477  |  44479
Subject:
My honest opinion Was Re: Now that I've had a chance to see the new colors
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Tue, 16 Dec 2003 14:06:12 GMT

In lugnet.general, John Neal wrote:
   In lugnet.general, Ahui Herrera wrote:

   TLC is NOT in the bussiness for adults! You need to remember that LEGO is a toy for kids! Lets say that again. LEGO is a toy for kids! As such decisions by TLC are designed/based/done for kids!

snip

   It is one thing for AFOLs to wail on about Jack Stone and Town Jr. This shows a lack of understanding marketing on their part. The sudden rush to change colors by TLC shows a lack of understanding of the market on TLC’s part.

snip

   JOHN

This might cause a bit of a furor, and I don’t like causing furors... Honestly, I think TLC is going to get their hat handed to them. I dunno if it’s that severe, but, from this cheap seat, the writing’s on the wall.

I walked into the local Zellers the other day and they had this 3x3 display of the new MegaBlock castle sets with the dragons and the water and the other things... It looked spectacular. Far better than the little diorama that LEGO had up last Christmas with whatever star wars set...

Didn’t think much about it at the time--not swaying me to ‘change brands’.

But my mom talked about what my nephew wants for Christmas--“He wants that LEGO dragon...” Well, mom, that dragon’s not really LEGO, it’s the other company. “Oh...”

See, when the kids are walking thru Zellers, they see that very nifty display of castles and dragons and all things that would interest kids.

I dunno...

Mentioned to mom that if my nephew wants the dragon, then that’s what he’ll get for Christmas. I already got him the 8475 (which, for me, would be alot more fun), but eh, whatever.

I love TLC. I don’t care at all about the colour change. Saw the new colours last Friday and, well, whatever--they look good (then again, I am colourblind ;) ).

But for an ‘upstart company’, MegaBlock could be showing TLC the door...

MB won’t be getting any of my money, but that’s just me. They will, however, get my mom’s money. In the end, what does a company care where they get their money from?

Dave K