 General / 43923
Re: Traumatic Events in the Life of a Lego Fan
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Thu, 20 Nov 2003 11:36:31 GMT

Very Funny!

I think everyone needs to chill out a bit, yes it is annoying but there’s nowt we can do. I noticed your other posts on this in the other threads with amusement too.

On a more serious note, no I’m not happy about it either and in my opinion I probably fall into the ‘most effected’ group. My reasoning? If you’ve got lots (300,000+) of Lego then you can probaly build anything you want from your existing grey (admittedly it does depend on your colour balance) so you can either not buy new grey or wait until you’ve got enough new grey as well and use that in seperate models. If you’ve hardly got any then obviously your only ‘writing off’ a few pieces. If you’ve got nearly anough to build your grey models then you’re in the worst position because any new grey won’t ‘fit’ so you will have go the more costly second-hand route.

A lot of people who build with grey could actually cope with two slight variations, for example, castle wall would get a bit of variety in their stonework while space ships etc would gain an element of differential weatheredness to their panels. There are, however other situations where you do need the conformity of colour..

Tim