 General / 44142
Re: Traumatic Events in the Life of a Lego Fan
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Mon, 24 Nov 2003 22:18:26 GMT

In lugnet.general, Tanvir Mahtab wrote:

The following is my personal 2 cents, and nothing else. I am perfectly happy that lego is rereleasing old sets, and I hope they continue to do so. For those of us who don’t either want to spend our life savings on a misb or get a second hand set, the rereleases are wonderful. Personally, although I think a new castle line of quality comparable to the old would be wonderful, I would be perfectly content if they just rereleased all the old sets en masse, refining those sets that were less than perfect the first time around, and adding a few new sets to fill in gaps here and there. I honestly think that TLC has pretty much done all they can do with the castle line (and several other lines). Although there are a plethora of other people’s mocs that I think are brilliant, few are commercially viable. But again, if they can come up with something new and wonderful, that would be great! It’s just that from a commercial perspective I don’t see what much they could do.

Are you kidding me? Not much else they can do? HUH?!?! Try to have some imagination, there’s still LOTS of possiblities with System Castle theme.

Ever thought that perhaps they could make Desert Castles and base the theme on Arabian structures with the Sultan and his guards fighting the Desert Raiders to protect the precious caravan trade, not to mention the good old jewels? Heck they could add certain Adventurers elements in by having sets in Egypt with the Sultan looking for more treasure there.

Or how about we go to the Far East and have Chinese soldiers protect their empire from the Hordes as well as compete with a rival kingdom? They’ve done similar things with Japan (Ninja) why not China? Perhaps protect the legendary chrome-green sword (new piece inspired by Crouching Tiger:Hidden Dragon’s “Green Destiny” sword) from the clutches of the Khan.