 General / 44143
Re: Traumatic Events in the Life of a Lego Fan
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Mon, 24 Nov 2003 22:18:22 GMT

In lugnet.general, John Hansen wrote:
   In lugnet.general, John-Paul Enaje wrote:
   Looking at your post, I suppose that you yourself hate Galidor as well.... :-D And perhaps Bionicle too? What about the juniorization of sets? LOL.

Personally Im not fussing about the colors, its the Castlidor invasion Im worried about.

Why would anyone be worried about those Knights that look like Galidor figures (with studs for interfacing with regular LEGO bricks)? Did the Galidor line stop LEGO from producing (or re-releasing) this past year some of the best Castle sets in years? No. Will these Knights have any impact on future castle sets? Almost certainly not. If kids by the Knights and LEGO has another hit theme on their hands (like Bionicle) will that make them stop producing regular castle sets? That seems very unlikely. Will your grey bricks be a different shade? Apparently. Castle walls, like train ties, have never looked to me to be a uniform color anyway.

John Hansen

Gee, perhaps Im worried BECAUSE I AM A CASTLE THEME FAN. A real one not just those with a passing interest. As for the colors, I think those new greys can add more realism to the color of those castles.