 General / 43902
Re: Traumatic Events in the Life of a Lego Fan
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Thu, 20 Nov 2003 05:11:02 GMT

In lugnet.general, Burkhard Schloemer wrote:
   Hehe. I sense a wicked, devious mind at work here. How refreshing, Richard. Unfortunately totally beside the point.

No, actually, I think he is right on. This outcry is flat-out hysteria, as we have seen here previously.

Arbitrarily changing a common color that has been around for TWENTY-FIVE years (!) has another quality entirely, and an impact on every adult builder out there.

I can only imagine the hysteria the 9 volt train introduction would have caused were LUGNET around in 1991!

   Of course I’m referring to grey. I can fully understand people using foul language to speak their mind on this issue, because it’s fully appropriate.

You are completely wrong. Foul language is strictly verboten, besides being uncivil and immature, and thus is totally INappropriate.

   The time for politeness is definitely over.

Then your time posting on LUGNET is over. We try to play well here, and vile remarks such as RM’s are never welcome. Your choice.

   I just feel sorry for all those weenies commenting only on right that bad language. They truly deserve Bioknightle.

LUGNET is a civil place, regardless of what TLC does. Most of us would like to keep it that way (including Todd).

   But I’m afraid Richard is still going to post just more jokes when LEGO eventually decides to “improve” the studs as well. Regretfully making them not compatible to all those older junk anymore ...

Not with the kind of foul language he used previously...

JOHN