 General / 44099
Re: Traumatic Events in the Life of a Lego Fan
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Mon, 24 Nov 2003 11:53:29 GMT

In lugnet.general, Maarten Steurbaut wrote:
Even if your story was meant to be sarcastic or humoristic, about one thing I
totally agree with you. I was very disappointed with the introduction of 9V
trains in 1991. The models look great, but what happened with the
remote-controlled level crossing with flashing lights, remote-controlled signal,
remote-controlled decoupling, remote-controlled points,...? May we expect these
items in the 9V series in the near future? Or will they come up with something
new such as the possibility of steering several trains on the same track (like
märklin trains with a 'delta' module).
I'll play on with my 12V trains while I'm waiting.

The same happened in the early 1970's when the remote-controlled points
were discontinued. The first 12V points from 1969 were remote-controlled,
later the hand-controled 12V points came.

Niels