 General / 42025
Re: Best Lego Year of all time?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Mon, 28 Apr 2003 00:59:51 GMT

Hmmmmm......

I find amusing that nearly everyone states that 1988 was the best year for
LEGO.  I really can't agree or disagree because I had just been born! ;-)

I have to say that 2002 - 2003 is (and will be) the best year for LEGO.   In
2002 I did all of the following:

Got a job (to buy more LEGO)
Starting buying LEGO on a regular basis
Sorted my LEGO*
Joined LUGNET
Joined Brickshelf
Rearranged my room to fit my LEGO needs.

The 2003 sets are just *awesome* NASA, Adventurers, Star Wars, Harry Potter,
Spiderman, Discovery...  I have to use a lot of self control to not to blow
my whole paycheck on LEGO all at once!

1995-97 were also good years (mostly because they had Aquazone - love that
theme!), but specialized pieces and junorization was dawning and would haunt
LEGO for years to come.

Remember, I'm only 14 so I didn't get to experience all the other cool sets
of pre-1988!

Nathan

Lord of the LEGO

*Yo - Adrian Drake!  Thanks for inspiring me to sort my LEGO, however
unknowingly.  When I saw this image on your website
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/tremor/basement/dcp02476.jpg - coupled
with the fact that K-Mart was having a blowout sale for plastic shoeboxes
(85 cents ea.) - it got me motivated to sort my LEGO.