 General / 42026
Re: Nicknames for favorite LEGO parts
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Mon, 28 Apr 2003 01:36:42 GMT

The 1 x 2 x 1 panels were always "ledges" to me.

"Ledges?"  Interesting.  I've never actually thought of them that way.
Hmm...that gives me some new ideas.  I've always called those thinwalls, and
for the clear ones, trans-thinwalls.

I also call 1x1 rounds "dots," though I tend to try to stick with official
names for the most part.

I'm curious at some of the names for this part:
http://www.peeron.com/inv/parts/x179
I'm not particularly fond of this name, and while modeling it (currently an
unofficial part in the Parts Tracker) I had interesting conversations with a
reviewer on what the bottom details should be called.  I called them "tabs:"
he called them "flares."  I ended up putting both as keywords.

What the hell is that thing?  Actually, it has a dot cousin too, found it in
a soccer set I got today.  Weird piece though.  I'd call it a "1x1 with tabs."

-Stefan-