 General / 42004
Re: Nicknames for favorite LEGO parts
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Sat, 26 Apr 2003 13:06:29 GMT

"Jeremiah VanderMark" <doggybot_37@yahoo.NOSPAM.com> wrote in message
news:HDxM13.20zn@lugnet.com...
Ahh, yes.

  This part:
http://guide.lugnet.com/partsref/search.cgi?q=3062b
will always be a "cannonball", courtesy my discovering Lego during the
Pirate era.

  Also, being far less creative than Tim as a kid, these:
http://guide.lugnet.com/partsref/search.cgi?q=3794
were simply "dots".

  On a related note, "bricks" and "plates" were foreign concepts to me and
my brother; we always called them "talls" and "flats". Couldn't even be
consistent, let alone proper :)

-jeremiah-

My MOCpage: http://www.mocpages.com/home.php/83

Those were the days- when I really could say I was 12 (WOW, 20 years do fly
by).  My friends and I didn't use the name "talls" but sure did use the name
"flats".  But "flats" were not only used to describe plates but tiles as
well.  It wasn't a prob with the larger plate sizes but how it worked with
smaller ones (2x2, 1x2) I've forgot.

Adr.