 General / 41998
Re: Nicknames for favorite LEGO parts
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Fri, 25 Apr 2003 23:41:02 GMT

In lugnet.general, Allan Bedford writes:
At the risk of branding myself a bigger geek than I already am, I have
decided to post this anyway.  :)

You, a geek, nah... ;-)

Anybody else have favorite parts to which you've applied nicknames based
either on their appearance or perhaps their function?

http://guide.lugnet.com/partsref/search.cgi?q=3794
This part is commonly referred to as a "jumper" plate or tile, since it
allows for you to build on top of it in half-stud widths.

http://guide.lugnet.com/partsref/search.cgi?q=4073
My best friend and I, potty humorists as we are, started calling this piece
a "poo," since it's brown or black form could be used as horse droppings
(and we did when we were little). So now we say to each other, "I need x
poo's in y color" :-)

-Tim