 General / 42008
Re: Nicknames for favorite LEGO parts
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Sat, 26 Apr 2003 09:15:29 GMT

The first ones that pop into mind are these:
http://guide.lugnet.com/partsref/search.cgi?q=32291 (gogles)
http://guide.lugnet.com/partsref/search.cgi?q=32184 (binoculars)
and http://guide.lugnet.com/partsref/search.cgi?q=152 (hockey stick)
I probably use more, some in dutch, but I can't think of them now...

Duq

"Allan Bedford" <ExpertBuilder-DELETE-TO-REPLY@apotome.com> wrote in message
At the risk of branding myself a bigger geek than I already am, I have
decided to post this anyway.  :)

While I'm building a model or sorting pieces, I sometimes refer to certain
of my favorite pieces by a nickname... based on what that piece reminds me • of.

Here are a couple examples of what I mean...

When I look at this part:
http://guide.lugnet.com/partsref/search.cgi?q=6215
I often call it a 'bulldog' since its rounded blunt end reminds me of the
nose of a bulldog.

Similarly when I am using this part:
http://guide.lugnet.com/partsref/search.cgi?q=4733
I sometimes call them 'hydrants' because to me they appear as little tiny,
albeit square, fire hydrants.

Anybody else have favorite parts to which you've applied nicknames based
either on their appearance or perhaps their function?

Regards,
Allan B.