 General / 42024
Re: I have some questions...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Mon, 28 Apr 2003 00:51:48 GMT

Hello Matt,

In lugnet.general, Matt Canales writes:
Hello, I was just wondering if anyone could answer the following questions:
1. If I put something as WTB (Want to Buy) or WTS,(Want to Sell) can I ever
change the amount?

This sounds kind of like the same question from this thread:

http://news.lugnet.com/general/?n=41985

I hope that answer is what you were looking for. This is still assuming
you're talking about the personalized features on the LUGNET set reference
pages.  If not, maybe you can reword the question to be more specific.

2. I know this is kinda off-topic but, does anyone know of a good FREE
website hoster? What I mean by that is like no monthly fees, etc. I've never
tried to create a website so I thought I would start out with something
easy, free, yet good. For an example of what I mean click here:
http://geocities.yahoo.com/ Thanks!

What about using the free webspace that comes with your account from your
internet service provider?  (Cox Communications?) Essentially, you're
already paying for it.  According to their website you should normally have:
"10 Megabytes of Personal Web Page Storage, with a 3 GB transfer limit per
month."   Best of all, it's likely not to have any annoying pop-ups etc.

But you also mention 'creating' a website, in the same question as 'hosting'
a website.  The 10 meg noted above is the area you already have in which to
'host' a website.  What you seem to also want is a way to 'create' some web
pages.  You could easily use some of the online HTML tutorials to learn how
to make very basic pages using a text editor like Notepad.  Or, download
some of the free HTML editors that are out there... like some of these maybe:
http://www.thefreesite.com/Free_Software/HTML_freeware/

If you're just looking to use Geocities in order to get their online web
page maker thingy... I'd suggest taking one of the other two routes.  Not
only will you learn a bit of HTML (which is easy) but you'll also have a
more individual and unique looking web site.

Finally, here's another site that may help answer some of your questions:
http://www.allaboutyourownwebsite.com/

Just my two cents...... hope some of that helps you.

Regards,
Allan B.