 General / 42038
Re: I have some questions...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.publish
Date:
Mon, 28 Apr 2003 16:44:18 GMT

In lugnet.general, Matt Canales writes:
[...]does anyone know of a good FREE website hoster?
What I mean by that is like no monthly fees, etc.

Hi, Matt!

Provided that your content is related to the hobby, you have unlimited free
webpages at lugnet.com. And, your related images can be uploaded, free of
charge, to brickshelf.com. To see pages made this way, check out some by Todd
Lehman:

  http://www.lugnet.com/~1/DinoTron/

Also, Sean Kenney recently launched a similar service of his own:

  http://www.mocpages.com/

I've never tried to create a website so I thought I would start out with
something easy, free, yet good. [...]

Creating pages at lugnet.com is very simple, and will introduce any 'newbie'
to basic page-building concepts. For more, see the how-to:

  http://www.lugnet.com/publish/ftx/guide/

If you haven't already, you might want to browse and search through discussions
in the lugnet.publish newsgroup:

  http://www.lugnet.com/publish/

As for non-LEGO-related webpages, I'd look into Allan's suggestion of using the
existing webspace and support of your ISP account.

-Suz

Suzanne Rich Green
LUGNET Admin