 General / 42022
Re: Best Lego Year of all time?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.space
Date:
Sun, 27 Apr 2003 19:33:02 GMT

Wow, good topic! Although the entire 80's seemed really great, I started
collecting Lego in 1991 so it's hard to rate the years before. So I'd have
to say 1999 was my favorite year. The Star Wars line did it for me since
Lego not only released Classic Star Wars sets but also sets from Episode 1.
Click hinges, smoke gray canopies, 3 X 6 engine cylinders and other new
pieces helped take space building to the next level. The Spaceport line also
came out in 1999 and I thought it offered some cool pieces, even though it
seemed the line was somewhat juniorized. I recall that the Ninja line was
still in full swing, along with Adventurers (on their Amazon adventure),
Insectoids and Mindstorms. Although Throwbots were also introduced, I really
didn't dig them but now I realize the effect they had on Mecha building.

--Dan