 General / 41884
Re: Some Weird Action Team turns 4 years old!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Wed, 16 Apr 2003 08:17:14 GMT

Well, I'd say your reply pretty much proves my point.  Unless you're on medication, you
must be depressed/angry a lot, as you can't seem to handle the slightest bit of
criticism or controversy.

I stand by my initial statement (though it was a bit of an exaggeration at that time, I
see it was actually spot on), you are an attention-starved child, regardless of your
true age.

You don't like it?  That's life, deal with it.  Or don't.  I really don't care.

But don't whine in here about not getting your required attention.  Stroke your own ego
if you must, but don't expect us to stroke it for you.

Enough with your whining.  You've made my kill filter too - that should make everyone
else in here happy, that we won't see each other's replies.

BTW, I'd rather be someone's "major disappointment" with my <sarcasm> SO brutal ways
</sarcasm> and prepare them for life in the Real World, than have some innocent that
thinks the world owes them everything step out in the world and get run over by a
figurative Mack truck.  Tough Love, and all, you know.  Better a little pain in
preparation for the constant pain of Real Life than taking it all at once when they
leave their obviously sheltered life.

Nick Crocco wrote:

In lugnet.general, Thomas Stangl writes:
It's nothing personal.  It's not even all pointed at you.  Search the Lugnet
archives, you'll see that someone comes along every few months, posts about their
new site/model/pics, then yells, screams, or cries at everyone if they don't get
their 15 seconds of fame and lots of replies telling them they're great.

It gets a little old.  Stick around long enough, and you'll see that it happens
over
and over
and over
and OVER.

I'd rather bruise a few egos than deal with more "and over"s in the future.

BTW, if you can't take a few rough words (nary a cussword in there, too), you are
in for some MAJOR disappointments in life.  Unless you're born to one of the
Anointed People (old money, new money, etc), you aren't going to be coddled out in
the real world, and you'd better get used to rough edges now, while the
consequences are piddling.

Some people just don't get it. The major disappointments in life are having
to deal with people like Thomas
over
and over
and over
and OVER

I'd rather just ignore people like this and get on with living. My previous
statement goes for this one too. Oh, try this one on for size! Try just not
replying instead of going around "bruising people's egos" on purpose just
because you like the look of your own words. Go ahead, put people down when
you don't have too. It just makes you look that much smarter. Oh, and throw
some stereotypes in there too! Lets see, according to Tom, I'm an
"attention-starved child" who likes "stroking my ego," I'm new here to the
boards as well, I don't cuss and I was born with a silver spoon in my mouth.
Thanks. One more added to the ol' ignore list. Oh,and Tom, don't bother
replying. Stick to lugnet.off-topic.debate

--
Tom Stangl
***http://www.vfaq.com/