 Off-Topic / Debate / 20344
Re: Some Weird Action Team turns 4 years old!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Thu, 17 Apr 2003 04:42:40 GMT

In lugnet.general, Thomas Stangl writes:
Mark P wrote:
In lugnet.general, Thomas Stangl writes:

[snip]
Well, I think that is a major part of people posting their MOCs and sites
here - they want to hear a kind word or two directed towards them. What is
wrong with that? I like Nick's site - it was one of the first sites I linked
to when I opened my site. And if I had seen his post to start with I would
have said something nice to him. I do not think people post the things they
worked hard on and do not expect some sort of kind reply - if they did not
then whats the point of posting it?

There's nothing wrong with wanting replies.  But if you EXPECT them, and
complain if you don't get them, the problem is not everyone else, the problem
is you.

Maybe, but the reply you came back with was just rude. You can say you are
just living in the real world or whatever - but even with that it is just
rude. Perhaps you have heard of the saying 'If you do not have anything nice
to say, do not say anything.' Perhaps Nick was wrong for posting what he did
- but there is just no justification for your posts to him.

If you need validation for your MOCS, you're building for the wrong reason.
The only opinion that matters is yours - if you like it, it shouldn't matter
what anyone else thinks.

In a perfect world, yes. But you have already pointed out that this is not a
perfect world. So you can not expect everybody to feel this way.

I'd rather bruise a few egos than deal with more "and over"s in the future.

That is not what a good friendly community is about, and I am saddened by
the view you have expressed here. I hope you were just having a bad day and
can rectify the harsh tone you have took here.

Whatever.  While Lugnet is certainly a nice place, there is no requirement to
hold everyone's hand and jump to salving their hurt feelings because
<whine> "No one is paying attention to me!</whine>.  If someone wants that, I
suggest they search the web for Support Groups, or seek professional help.

I am not saying you have to hold his hand, I am saying what you did was
wrong. You basically tripped him, pushed him in the dirt and held his head
down in the dirt while you called him names. That is *far* different than
holding his hand.

You do not like what he has to say? Ok, thats fine - but what gives you thr
right to come off the way you did to him? And you did not do it once, you
did it more than once.

Again, I am not saying you have to hold his hand or even be nice - just
saying do not act like a snob. And to use your own words - if you do not
like what he has to say then "No problem, don't read them!"

Mark P