 General / 41885
Re: Some Weird Action Team turns 4 years old!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Wed, 16 Apr 2003 15:45:44 GMT

In lugnet.general, Thomas Stangl writes:
It's nothing personal.  It's not even all pointed at you.  Search the Lugnet
archives, you'll see that someone comes along every few months, posts about >their new site/model/pics, then yells, screams, or cries at everyone if they >don't get their 15 seconds of fame and lots of replies telling them they're >great.

Well, I think that is a major part of people posting their MOCs and sites
here - they want to hear a kind word or two directed towards them. What is
wrong with that? I like Nick's site - it was one of the first sites I linked
to when I opened my site. And if I had seen his post to start with I would
have said something nice to him. I do not think people post the things they
worked hard on and do not expect some sort of kind reply - if they did not
then whats the point of posting it?

I'd rather bruise a few egos than deal with more "and over"s in the future.

That is not what a good friendly community is about, and I am saddened by
the view you have expressed here. I hope you were just having a bad day and
can rectify the harsh tone you have took here. This is not about life, this
is not the place to force the harshness of life upon people. This is a Lego
fan site, where people come to post and get and give feedback on the things
they worked so hard on... and to be friendly.

Mark P
http://www.landofbricks.com