 General / 41890
Re: Some Weird Action Team turns 4 years old!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Wed, 16 Apr 2003 20:20:23 GMT

In lugnet.general, Nick Crocco writes:
In lugnet.general, Adrian Drake writes:
Well ya know, if you stopped posting, how are people going to know about
what you're doing with the site?  Perhaps some more regular updates, more
creations, and staying involved in the community would help your image.

Take a look at Brickfrenzy.com, for instance.  Because I continue to create
new things and keep active, I've seen a 500% increase in traffic since I
first published in August of 2000.

Nobody's going to care about you if they don't remember who you are or what
you do.

Adrian
--
http://www.brickfrenzy.com

You bring up some good point Adrian. My previous post was kinda written on
the spur of the moment at the end of a bad day... but I understand what you
mean. I guess one reason while I stopped posting was the fact I'm away at
college without access to my Lego, so no new creations for a while = lack of
updates. That and I'm kinda on the edge of the community for personal
reasons... (found another board that has a friendlier atmosphere and less
people) Perhaps this summer I can begin updating again with some creations
that I do have. Thanks again!

~Nick

Nick, I realy like your site. But I'm one of those people who lurk more than
they post. So I read your post and went to your site, having a good time there.
BUT I did not respond to your post.
Well, that's just li'll me, but my guess is that a lot of people do it like
that. So perhaps what you can do is put some kind of hit counter on your
site, post here and then watch the hits. That is a better indication to see
if your posts are being read than the amount of answers over here.

In short: keep up the good work and don't get mad/upset if you don't get
many replies here. It's YOUR site that counts for you (and it would stop
making me feel bad for not replying to your post and seeing this thing get
dragged into o-t-d :-))

Mark "my site is still undergoing major html typing" de Kock