 General / 41883
Re: What's so Adult about it Anyway ?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.people, lugnet.fun.community
Date:
Wed, 16 Apr 2003 15:24:55 GMT

In lugnet.general, Tim Courtney writes:

<snip>

I have gained a new appreciation for Bionicle recently, at BricksWest and at
a friend's house a couple weeks ago. His kids have a lot of Bionicle, and
they built creations with the parts. I was amazed at how organic these
models can look - yet the parts can still integrate with Technic and System
through the Technic holes/antistuds. Until I started seeing Bionicle
creations, I didn't really appreciate it for what it was.

Yeah, I've always been a big fan of the concept. Granted, I don't build with
it, but I think it is a brillant way to get gets building and learning about
basic mechanics. The audience for these has expanded so wide, that you get
kids who weren't LEGO builders in the past, and are now building with LEGO.

Jake

---
LEGO Enthusiast
Webmaster - B.I. Portal