 General / 38833
Re: LEGO Color Reference
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Mon, 7 Oct 2002 15:06:10 GMT

Not being a member, I couldn't take part in the poll. However, I can tell you
that I've called this color ( http://members.lugnet.com/polls/ballots/?n=93 )
by different names, from "Decepticon Purple" (since it matches the violet color
used in their symbols), to "Grimace Purple" (given I first saw it used in the
Grimace LEGO Happy Meal premium.). Either one works best in my opinion. To my
knowledge, it can be re-created in LDraw using color 277.

-- James J.
"Don't just 'play well', play better!"

In lugnet.general, Todd Lehman writes:
In lugnet.general, Todd Lehman wrote:
* The color names will definitely change, most notably OldDuploRose,
OldFabCowMonkey, and several others which are placeholders.  Names like
LightLightYellow and LightLightBlue obviously also need better alternatives,
and some of the more obscure colors could probably use better names too.

I'm curious what names people associate in their minds with LEGO colors --
especially some of the newer ones.  Here's a short color poll (4 colors)
where you can rate each of several names according to how well it describes
the color for you:

  http://members.lugnet.com/polls/ballots/?n=92
  http://members.lugnet.com/polls/ballots/?n=93
  http://members.lugnet.com/polls/ballots/?n=94
  http://members.lugnet.com/polls/ballots/?n=95

I'll make a few more after NWBrickCon...

--Todd