 General / 38776
Re: A suggestion
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Thu, 3 Oct 2002 17:03:22 GMT

In lugnet.general, Miguel Agullo writes:
Hi,

Disclaimer: this is one of those suggestions that might lead you to "not
like" me =8D)

Why don't you render the bricks using radiosity settings in Povray 3.5?

Miguel,
I think that's a splendid idea!  And since I'm already using POV-Ray 3.5 for
this, it shouldn't be too difficult to add...just more rendering time.  It
may not make a large qualitative difference on something so simple as a 2x2
brick, but I'm definitely curious enough to try it out.  I've been rendering
these with point light sources instead of area lights because of the sheer
volume of images to generate (several thousand).  When I get the values
tweaked and settled in, I can let my system crunch away for a few days to
render the final images.

The realism will blow anyone away, althought it takes forever to renders.
Take a look at this thread ....

http://news.lugnet.com/cad/ray/?n=1398

Ya, that's incredibly awesome!

That reminds me, I totally forgot to model the rubber materials -- shiny
rubber black, dull rubber black, and the shiny rubber tubes and all that.

--Todd