 General / 38825
Re: LEGO Color Reference
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Sun, 6 Oct 2002 16:31:02 GMT

In lugnet.general, Mark Papenfuss writes:
And also, when you link to pages that contain Lego bricks in colors that
Lego never made this is also a tad confusing. For example, this page:
http://guide.lugnet.com/color/?q=GC03
contains mostly colors that were never made (AFIK) but there is nothing on
there that says "only these colors have been made" or something to that
effect. If people are directly linked to that page they may get the
impression all of those colors have been made. In the end I think this is
more confusing than helpful.

OK, I cleaned up the display a bit on the plane Friday night and just updated
it on the site now (from NWBrickCon :-) and it's not perfect but it's a step in
the right direction...  So now it says:

   http://guide.lugnet.com/color/?q=GC03
   Dark Green-Cyan (“Forest Green”)
   First appearance: 1960?  (disclaimer)
   LDraw color ID: 2

and for a related color which doesn't really exist it says:

   http://guide.lugnet.com/color/?q=GC32
   Grayish Green-Cyan
   Not an official LEGO color

There still needs to be more visual indications on the right and above that
the colors shown aren't "real" colors.  Maybe some kind of marker showing the
ones that -are- real colors, or something like that.

--Todd