 General / 39396
Re: LEGO Color Reference
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Sat, 16 Nov 2002 14:55:04 GMT

In lugnet.general, Todd Lehman writes:

  http://guide.lugnet.com/color/

which is an attempt at a comprehensive interactive LEGO color guide.  The
official view shows 82 colors, but I think it might be missing a couple.
If you know of any that aren't shown, please let me know and I'll update
the chart as best I can.

Not sure where you want corrections sent but... I am pretty sure that the
color dark grey (referred to as "dark warm grey", I believe, on the color
chart) predates 1989. I think its very first use was for sleepers in the
grey/dark grey 12V track.

For example http://guide.lugnet.com/set/7740 shows the use of this color. I
would by no means claim that 1980 is the first use of it, not sure what
year... I just know it's earlier than 1989... However 1980 is not a bad
guess as that IS when the grey/dark grey 12v era started

http://www.fgltc.org/bwoabs/trains/grey_era/grey_era.phtml

(a very good resource for train history, never found an error, but not
necessarily definitive)

Hope that helps!