 General / 38781
Re: LEGO Color Reference
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Thu, 3 Oct 2002 18:50:06 GMT

In lugnet.general, Todd Lehman writes:
In lugnet.general, Todd Lehman wrote:
* The color names will definitely change, most notably OldDuploRose,
OldFabCowMonkey, and several others which are placeholders.  Names like
LightLightYellow and LightLightBlue obviously also need better alternatives,
and some of the more obscure colors could probably use better names too.

I'm curious what names people associate in their minds with LEGO colors --
especially some of the newer ones.  Here's a short color poll (4 colors)
where you can rate each of several names according to how well it describes
the color for you:

  http://members.lugnet.com/polls/ballots/?n=92
  http://members.lugnet.com/polls/ballots/?n=93
  http://members.lugnet.com/polls/ballots/?n=94
  http://members.lugnet.com/polls/ballots/?n=95

Quick suggestion - could you also display some of the other colors around
the one you're asking about?  When I went to the second poll, I see a color,
but there are several different colors that are very similar, so I don't
know which one you're refering too.  Is it straight 'purple' as in the
Creator buckets?  Is it the purple from the "Grimace" McDonald's set?

Great color page, though.  <dream> It makes me wish LEGO sold bulk parts in
*all* these colors... </dream>

JohnG, GMLTC