 General / 3764
Re: 2532 Passenger Jet: Your worst fears realized...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Thu, 22 Apr 1999 01:17:06 GMT

Steve Bliss wrote:

On Wed, 21 Apr 1999 19:02:36 GMT, "Gene Rodriguez III" <gr3@superlink.net>
wrote:

In lugnet.general, Larry Pieniazek writes:
My question would be whether it uses thinwalls. If the plane body is
mostly thinwalls and soforth, it may be worth it at 19.95, but if it's
all solid white bricks, may not be.

Larry,

2532 does indeed use thinwalls (as well as hinged slopes), as such it may be a
decent source for these parts...

The sticker windows though! I'm *still* having a hard time getting used to the
idea. [shiver] You can't tell from the scan, but the stickers are multi-part
and even on the box art THEY DON'T LINE UP!

It may not use Jr parts, but that certainly doesn't keep it from being
Juniorized... I'm just hoping that (as someone else speculated) these are just
something TLG got stuck with and are trying to dump.

I'm not clear on where this set is coming from -- is it an airline-only
promotional set?  If so, which airline?  The box looks like NA-issue; it
has the piece count on it (and English/French/Spanish captions).

As a promo set, the airline may have wanted TLG to cheap-out.  Stickers and
simple plane-walls would be cheaper than plane-window parts.  Especially if
TLG had a stock of white thin-walls pieces.

Steve
When I called S@H today the rep said 2532 is going to be in the next S@H
catalogue and they had LOTS of the sets in stock (whatever that means)
--
Bill Toenjes
(TooMuchDew)  ICQ UIN#17112614; IRC nick:  ^2muchdew