 General / 3786
Re: 2532 Passenger Jet: Your worst fears realized...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Thu, 22 Apr 1999 23:37:39 GMT

Steve Bliss wrote:

I'm not clear on where this set is coming from -- is it an airline-only
promotional set?  If so, which airline?  The box looks like NA-issue; it
has the piece count on it (and English/French/Spanish captions).

The pic on Lugnet says right on it that is is Specially For Airlines.

As a promo set, the airline may have wanted TLG to cheap-out.  Stickers and
simple plane-walls would be cheaper than plane-window parts.  Especially if
TLG had a stock of white thin-walls pieces.

Nuh-uh - remember, they mold to order, ahead of time.  My guess is that some
airline ordered them, folded, and TLG was stuck with them.

--
| Tom Stangl, Technical Support          Netscape Communications Corp |
|      Please do not associate my personal views with my employer     |