 General / 3766
Re: 2532 Passenger Jet: Your worst fears realized...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Thu, 22 Apr 1999 11:24:29 GMT

In lugnet.general, Steve Bliss writes:

I'm not clear on where this set is coming from -- is it an airline-only
promotional set?  If so, which airline?  The box looks like NA-issue; it
has the piece count on it (and English/French/Spanish captions).

As a promo set, the airline may have wanted TLG to cheap-out.  Stickers and
simple plane-walls would be cheaper than plane-window parts.  Especially if
TLG had a stock of white thin-walls pieces.

Steve,

If I had to guess which airline, I'd put my money on ValueJet...

[insert rimshot here]

On a darker note, I think what it says is that thinwalls are still in
production, while window walls are not. The difference in manufacturing costs
CAN NOT be that much different. The only extra costs would that they would
have to put window walls back into production.

Fittingly, it is rainy and overcast here,
Gene @ The Brickyard