 General / 31141
Re: what are the 5 worst lego elements?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Wed, 20 Jun 2001 17:15:17 GMT

In lugnet.general, Suzanne D. Rich wrote:

Most hated elements:

5. 2 x 16 triple wedge (looks good till I try to use it)

Yeah, would have been *much* better as three pieces: right- and left-2x6
corner slopes, and a 2x4 slope.

4. the sectional palm tree's evil replacement 'trunk'

Totally agree.

3. Jar-jar head

Ahh, it's not any worse than most other single-purpose minifig elements.

2. the entire SCALA joining system (via 'flowers')

I *like* the new 2/3-high connector-flower-bricks.

1. tree stump (awful, awful, awful!)

It doesn't even look very LEGO-ish.

How about them immobile animals?  They look good, but they aren't very playable.

Funny- I happen to use angle connectors with corrugated tubing (and
pegs) to make sculptures. I really love those together as a sort of
sub-system. while introducing curves to a model, they can be colorful
and sturdy. I had no idea they were so unpopular!

They aren't unpopular with everybody.  I really like set 5220, the Technic
"Styling Pack".  It's full of black and silver corrugated tubes, flexible
axles, and fairing pieces.  I built myself a head-dress thingy out of this
set, but I never had anywhere to wear it.

And I don't hate BURPs.. (sorry). I think they should not appear in sets
- rather as a bulk item.

Yeah, most pieces aren't really annoying, until you wind up with 'too many'
of them.  Or they're used excessively in LEGO models/sets.  Like what
happened with the BURP for a couple of years.

Does the BURP (or the LURP) appear in any current set?  Oh, yeah--there are
a couple in the big Adventurers base - 5987 Research Compound.  Still, it's
not like 1997, when the Divers and Wild West Indian sets were chock-full of
them.

Steve