 General / 31072
Re: what are the 5 worst lego elements?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Mon, 18 Jun 2001 23:10:30 GMT

In lugnet.general, Steve Lane writes:
In lugnet.general, Steve Bliss writes:
In lugnet.general, Simon Bennett wrote:

Wait up a bit Johnathan.  Can you define what you mean by worst?  Possible
inferences could be:

1 - Least use in building MOCs
2 - Least representative of the real world version
3 - Most irritatingly common but no real help in building
4 - Most SPUD- ish / juniorized
5 - Worst produced / easy to break
6 - Just plain least aesthetically pleasing.

You forgot:

7. Look like they'd be cool, but due to design issues, are irritatingly
difficult to use in MOCs.

Steve

Defining what we mean exactly is a good idea.

The list of the worst parts must include the Technic motorcycle steering
boss. A 2x2 brick with a protruding arm with the end cranked at an angle.
How could you EVER find a use for it. It's also used on the lift of the 8462
breakdown truck.

Also studless beams with 2 bends, corrugated tubing, I'm sure theirs more!

Incidentally I've recently found a use for 8 of those handles you fit on
pneumatic switches (designed as a selector in the technic shuttle), normally
their useless too.

If you're talking about 6553, I've found they're really useful for diagonal
bracing - used heaps in my tower crane www.lugnet.com/~469/projects/towercrane

Regards

ROSCO